Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baking on Hold

AGH! I was making some cookies for an order last night when my oven decided that keeping a consistent temperature wasn't in its job description.

A repair man is on the way today or tomorrow. In the mean time, it's just cooking.

I picked up some pumpkin-like squash at the mercado today. I'll make puree for the latest Tuesdays with Dorie entry. Yes, I'm behind again. Since my oven is on strike, I'll just freeze the puree until my oven decides to cooperate with management's demands (work accurately, always, for free ... simple, eh?).

UPDATE: The thermometer in the oven portion is failing. Based on previous experience with this brand, I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait. So, looks like baking is on hold for quite a while.

Fortunately, savory foods aren't quite as temperature sensitive. I should be able to keep going with most. Pizzas won't be as nice, tho, since the oven won't get up to its high, high temperature like it did before.

No comments: