Friday, October 31, 2008

Jason's Deli Bans HFCS

Amazing ... Jason's Deli has removed high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) from its menu items.  Frankly, I say good for them!  I read their site regarding this move and find that I really agree with their owner.

I'm not sure I agree with their stance on MSG.  The problem with MSG is that there is a fair percentage of people who are mildly, or worse, allergic to it.  I'm not one of them, so I like MSG.

But, back to my spiel ... does bread really need such sweetening?  No.  Not at all.

And yet, industrial bakeries pour the gunk into our bread all the time.  Not only just bread, just about everything else.  It's like the corporate "chefs" think that we all want everything to be sweet.

People are really missing out when they eat this sweetened garbage.  A nice savory dish is so great.  By pouring sweetened syrup all over (and in) everything, we miss out on good food.

When you go to the store, read the ingredient list on what you buy.  You'd be so shocked how many forms of sugar go into everything. 

Stop buying this junk.  Take the time to make things yourself. 

Yes, take the time!  I know how hard it is to find space in one's packed schedule to cook.  Food is food?  Right.

Wrong!

Make the time ... you and your family are worth it.

No comments: