Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cake Failure

Well, as I was sitting down to prepare for today's Tuesdays With Dorie, I received an e-mail from my mother.

"come help me" was all it said.  I figured she wanted help setting up some software or moving some heavy object in her room.

Nope, she wanted help getting to the emergency room at the local hospital.  She looked bad and felt worse.  All thoughts about Tuesdays with Dorie left my head. 

To make a long story short, she's going to be fine.  She's weak but in stable condition.  I'm exhausted from hours of stress and worry ...

TWD?  The cake?  Another day.  I'm going to sleep.

Sorry.

4 comments:

Sihan said...

Sounds like a bad day dear. Take a rest and think about the cake another day. Hope that your mum feels better soon!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

So sorry that your Mom had to go to the hospital...I hope all is well!!!!

James said...

Thanks to both of you ... and to those who sent private e-mails. I really appreciate the kind words.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

James, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Nancy