Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesdays With Dorie For Mom

I was visiting my mom after the operation today.  She is doing OK.  Is rather weak and is in the ICU.  The doctor said that it's almost definitely not cancer.  I was so happy to hear that.

Anyway, my mom asked me "What are you making this Tuesday?"

I couldn't believe my ears.  Here's my mom ... pale, tubes all over the place, recently sewn up ... and she's asking what I'm doing for Tuesdays with Dorie.

I mumbled "some chocolate cake with a lot of ginger."  I figured she was just curious.

"Oh, I love gingerbread!  Please make it."

What am I supposed to say?  No?  Hah!

I need to gather some ingredients today.  And, I need to deal with some other issues.  So, I'm going to be a day late.

Still, it's for mom. 

3 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oh, I hope your mother loves this cake, James. I had a bunch of tasters on this one, and most really liked it. It was better the second day. Glad to hear your mom came through the surgery so well.
Nancy

James said...

Thank you so much, Nancy.

I'm dreading getting back to cooking, actually. I've neglected my fridge for over a week. It's going to need cleaning.

The pig will be happy. Human food!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Hope your Mom is recovering nicely. You are in our continues thoughts and prayers!