Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Alive!

After a couple weeks of frustration, I fixed my oven.  Yes, I did it myself.  My oven now works properly and holds the right temperature.

How did this happen?  Did a tech fly in from Cebu and deal with it?  Did we spend P5,000 on a new thermostat?

Actually, the answer is simple: I kicked it.  Yes, you read that right.  I kicked my oven.

Was it the most mature thing I've done in my life?  No.  Do the ends, in this case, justify the means?  Oh yes.

I'm back in business.  I'm happy about that.

Stay tuned for more fun ... tomorrow I'm off to Ormoc to purchase some gatas ng baka (cow's milk).  That means, more cheesemaking!  100 liters of silky white yummy milk ... and it's mine, all mine!

Don't worry, I'll share ... a little ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thats my dads answer to anything that wont work lol 8 times out of ten it works to. Not for me mind just my Dad ;o)

Now go forth and cook :)

Caroline said...

LOL, my husband hits & kicks things around the house, too when they stopped working and I always give him a hard time about it. Now you've just proven it works!

Can't wait to read about your cheesemaking adventures.

James said...

I'm starting now ... it's great to have a working oven.