Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adventure Friday!

Whew! Yesterday was a long day. I'd intended to sit down in the afternoon and write a nice long post about cookies and such ... but, our local power company seemed to have blown a switch or two. Power was down from 2pm to after 10pm.


So, here I am, up bright-and-early ... without an alarm clock even! Going to do a bunch of cooking today. This weekend, I'm making four kinds of cookies (chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal-raisin, and Snickerdoodles). This morning I'm going to mix up some breakfast sausage. And, I plan to make some Italian pork sausage and try out a pepperoni recipe.

For those paying attention, you may have noticed that I haven't done a lot of savory recipes here lately. That's because we are in fridge and freezer clearing mode right now. Trying to cook and clear out all of the old stuff stuffed in the back of our coolers. So, the meals are random with little planning involved. Savory dish postings to resume shortly.

I'm also going play with my posting format. Thinking about switching to larger photos. Not a big deal. Probably not even worth mentioning. But, this post is really just putting my thoughts onto the screen anyway.

Yesterday morning and early afternoon, a group of us went to a town here called Barauen (bah-RAH-wen). We brought along an optician and helped hand out glasses to the needy.

Afterward, we went to this cool look in the middle of nowhere. Mahagnao Lake near a dormant volcano.

No comments: